Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Online Surveys

Okay, I have to admit that my last choice of an online survey service, specifically polleverywhere.com, was a bit limited.  While I believe that it has a niche, students are not in it, due to school system rules.  Not to mention it would be wrong to expect all students to have a cell phone.  I would consider it akin to how Charlie's teacher assumed that he ate hundreds of candy bars in his search for the golden ticket  Still, I see possibilities, especially when using polleverywhere among adults/staff.

I didn't have to look far for something to replace polleverywhere.  Survey Monkey has more features, and does not require the use of a cell phone to respond.  I created a short survey about immigration to use with third graders since we just finished a project where we visited a Scholastic site and took a tour of Ellis Island, and listened to stories of immigrants.  I have included a pic (using Jing) that I took as I was developing the survey.




No comments:

Post a Comment